If you want to explore the magnificent beauty and natural splendour, visit Sydney, the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia. It is known for its coastal basin, Tasman Sea, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury River, exotic beaches, Woronora Plateau and extraordinary geographic diversity.
Visitors especially come here to see:
- Cooks River
- Georges River
- Vast bush lands
- Sydney Harbour
- Sydney Tower and Darling Harbour
- Dry Sclerophyll Forests
- Awesome beaches
Interesting facts about Sydney:
- Sydney receives over 10 million international and domestic visitors each year for its beaches and attractions.
- The Harbour Bridge is known by the locals as “The Coat Hanger” due to its distinct shape.
- Australia’s largest outdoor sculpture exhibit, “Sculpture by the Sea”, began at Bondi Beach in 1996.
- Sydney is the highest ranking city in the world for international students.(Wikipedia)
- The smallest beach in Sydney is McKell Beach at Darling Point, accessible only by boat at low tide.
- All beaches in Sydney offer picnic shelters, electric barbecues, play areas, kiosks, toilets and change-rooms.
Here are a few popular beaches of Sydney:
If you love golden shoreline, you must visit Bondi beach. Visitors from across the world come here to see Bondi’s exclusive golden crescent and clear turquoise waters.
Travellers enjoy different beach activities, including beach walking, surfing, sun bathing, and swimming with their kids. The nearby shops, restaurants, cafes and bars are really irresistible and worth visiting.
If you love silence, seclusion and spiritual vibes, visit Milk beach. Milk beach is a small, secluded spot with some of the most exotic views of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.
Travellers especially visit here to experience harbour beach front and rock pool. In fact, the nearby Parsley bay and Nielsen park are also worth visiting. Milk Beach, one of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs well-kept secrets, is ideal for fishing and snorkelling. The native eucalyptus trees, bush tracks, coastal streams, green backdrops, heritage sites and sclerophyll shrubs are unique and make it a wonderful place to visit.
Best time to visit Sydney -The best time to visit Sydney is September through November and from March to May.
So, are you ready to experience the graceful beauty of Sydney?